About Mountain Tourism 2.0
New stratagies for success
"Technological changes do not influence the missions of tourism actors in the areas of promotion and product development but rather the manner of carrying them out.”
The past several years have been marked by important changes of a so-called “structural” nature, which means that solutions of the past no longer satisfy current needs, and that it is necessary to change mentality and turn to innovation and creativity.
The objective of this 7th edition of the Congress is to address the most significant aspects of these changes, particularly those concerning ICTs, information and communication technologies, which have revolutionized tourism marketing, and notably, the way in which potential customers inform themselves and how tourism managers can harness the possibilities in promotion and purchase processes. The debates will deal with the new sovereignty enjoyed by customers in their choice of destination and the new instruments of communication and promotion that make it possible to attract new clientele to mountain tourism, which needs to revamp its summer season, get out of its niche position and open itself up to the world market.
The event will also include the presentation of the 2012 edition of the International Mountain Report which compiles the most recent worldwide figures on the intercontinental development of the ski sector.
All of this will be discussed at La Massana in the context of a programme based on case studies and first-hand experiences with a panel of high-profile international speakers and with the direct participation of the audience in the debate that follows each presentation.
The topics of the 7th Congress *
Introduction to the debates
Introduction to the topics: Tourism between high-tech and high-touch
Presentation of the International Mountain Report
- The new sovereignty of the customer: The way in which visitors inform themselves has changed.
- Relationship marketing: The need to create communities and to follow the potential client before, during and after his trips.
- Informing the customer about the sites: Information to make the stay more attractive.
- New communication technologies:Linking the mountain with the world.
- Diversifying offerings: Strategies and campaigns for all year round tourism.
- Multimedia for recreating the tourism dream: Attracting attention in a world overflowing with information.
- Branding policy: Positioning unique sites in contested markets.
- Final debate. Expanding the world market: Taking skiing out of the Alpine niche.
* Note: Provisional program may be subject to further modifications. New updates and further information on the program wil be available shortly.